We’ve all heard that you never get a second chance to make a first impression. Well, the same holds true for your home. Landscaping elements can create interest and add personality, from dramatic outdoor kitchens and living spaces to a simple fountain.
Here are some fun ways to add curb appeal:
- Spruce up the Entryway – Sometimes all it takes is a little symmetry. Some simple lighting on both sides of the sidewalk or porch leading up to your front door is an excellent way to welcome friends and family. Lighting also enhances the safety of your property.
- Light up Trees or Your Home – Simple up-lights add interest to your yard or focal points on the home. Solar fixtures are an excellent solution here in Colorado.
- Freshen up Planting Beds – Spend some time eliminating weeds and trimming overgrown planting beds, add flowers for a splash of color, and install new mulch. These simple fixes will go a long way. Also, a simple brick or stone border will better define planters. Boulders or other natural elements add character too.
- Create New Focal Points – A fun water feature or fountain, urn, or sculptures work well to bring your personality or hobbies outdoors. Fountains should be ground-level to take full advantage of the added sight and sounds they provide.
- Add a Seating Area or Front Patio – You’d be surprised how easily a new flagstone patio, pavers, or even steppers transform your favorite spot. Your options are endless when it comes to adding hardscape elements. You don’t need to be defined by the current shape of your front yard or front porch.
Here at Alpine Gardens, we will help design and install the perfect landscape elements to maximize your unique curb appeal. Give us a call today!